It can be really useful to know what each airline company has to offer families, whether it’s negotiating booking prices, seating options or in-flight facilities.
We’ve put together a breakdown of all the family-friendly options provided by major UK airlines, so you can pick the company that’s right for you…
Booking with Jet 2
Some immigration departments require extra documentation for children travelling into/out of the country. You can check this here:
All passengers, including babies, must have their own passport.
Ages of children
Infants: 0- under 2 years
Children: 2-18 years
Children under 2 fly at a reduced charge if they sit on the lap of the paying adults.
Only one infant is allowed to travel per adult.
Infants must be at least 14 days old to travel.
Pregnant woman can travelling up to the 27th week of pregnancy, or up till the 33rd week if they have a doctor’s medical certificate. Pregnant mothers of 34 weeks and above will not be allowed to fly.
You can book a seat for an unborn baby using the name ‘Unborn Baby’ and changing this free of charge one the baby has been born.
Seating with Jet 2
Car seats and restraints
If you are travelling with an infant aged 6-24 months then you can use your own car seat on the plane, as long as it meets approved safety standards. Car seats must be front facing and you must purchase an extra seat to use this, at standard adult rate.
Safety approved restraint systems can also be used for children with special needs.
Seats can be picked when you make your booking, the seat map will display which seats are infant-friendly and suitable for babies who will be sitting on laps. These seats are free, but others incur a small charge to reserve.
Baggage and Check-in with Jet 2
Luggage and pushchairs
- Infants do not receive a full luggage allowance
- Children over 2 years old have the same luggage allowance as adults
- Collapsible pushchairs may be taken to aircrafts steps
- You can bring a pushchair and a car seat, up to a weight of 10kg for both items, for free. If there is not enough space on-board they will be placed on the next available flight, so it’s recommended that you insure these
Online: Print your boarding pass at home
Check-in desk-: Check-in desks available at airports
On the Flight with Jet 2
- Kids meals available to pre-order
- Snacks and drinks available
- Toys and activity packs available from in-flight shopping magazine
For more information visit http://www.jet2.com/