Resort holidays are ideal for families who would like everything on their doorstep. With great facilities, a chance to make lots of new friends and often located on or very close to the beach, resort holidays are the perfect stress-free choice for families looking for some holiday fun. But with so many different accommodation options to choose from, how do you know what’s right for your family?
Whether you’re after privacy, luxury, convenience or anything else, we’ve got plenty of great family friendly resort options available – so check out our guide to deciphering resort holiday room options!
Resort Villas, Houses or Comfort Residences
What they are:
Completely separate and private accommodation options, but still with access to all of the usual resort facilities. They are sometimes based on the outskirts of resorts, with a little bit of distance from the central hub, so are suited to families who don’t really want to be right in the thick of things. Many of them also have private pools.
Families looking for privacy and peace, but who also want to be able to use resort facilities and to have a chance for little ones to make friends.
Larger families who would like all the peace of villa holiday, but still with access to great facilities.
- Green Garden – 2 bed Villa, 2 bed Villa with Private Pool
- Martinhal Beach Resort – 2/3 bed Grand/Master Ocean Houses, 2 bed Grand Pinewood House, 2 bed Master/Grand Bay Houses, 2 Bed Villa Mimosa, 3 bed Villa 8, 5 bed Villa 92, 4 bed Villa 29, 4 bed Villa 58, 3 bed Master Pinewood House
- Pine Cliffs – 2/3 bed Comfort Residences
- Villa Maria – 1 bed Villa Maria Poco, 2 bed Villa Maria, Villa Maria Jacuzzi
- Aphrodite Hills – 2 bed Villa Rheia, 3 bed Villa Leto, 2 bed Villa Gaia, 4 bed Villa Hemera, 5 bed Villa Zeus, 3 bed Villa Kleio, 3 bed Villa Asteria, 2 bed Villa Demeter, 5 bed Eros, 2 bed Themis
- Martinhal Quinta – 2/3 bed Townhouses
- Mousses – 2 bed Villa, 3 bed Villa with Private Pool
- Periyali – 2 bed Villas with sea/garden views
- Vale d’el Rei – 2 bed Townhouse
- Retallack – 4 bed Eden, 2 bed Harlyn, 4 bed Padstow, 4 bed Daymer, 2 bed Eden, 2 bed St Ives, 3 bed Padstow
- The Valley – 2 bed Stables, 2 bed Gallery, 2 bed Haven, 2 bed Beacon
- Vale d’Oliveiras – 1/2 bed Garden View Residence, 2 bed Pool View Residence
- Martinhal Cascais – Grand Deluxe Villa
- Daios Cove – 1 bed Tots Villa with Private Pool, 2 bed Family Villa with Private Pool, 3 bed Villa with private Pool
- Domes of Elounda – 2/3 Bed Private Residences
What they are:
One bedroom accommodation, sometimes with an additional living space or balcony so that parents can still stay up and chat once their little one is asleep. They are often very centrally located, making it easy to get to all the resort’s facilities but sometimes may not have full self catering facilities.
Families who would like easy access to everything the resort offers and who don’t require a lot of space or necessarily need their own cooking facilities
Small families with a baby or young child still in a cot.
- Princess Yaiza – 1 Bed Suite
- Domes of Elounda – 1 Bed Garden View Suite, 1 Bed Sea View with Jacuzzi, 1 Bed Family Suite with Private Pool, 1 Bed Premium Suite with Sea View and Private Pool
- Pine Cliffs – 1 Bed Ocean Suite with Resort View
- Zafiro Palace – 1 Bed Junior Balcony Suite, 1 Bed Penthouse Suite, 1 Bed Junior Penthouse Suite, 1 Bed Balcony Suite
- Hillside – 1 Bed Family Room with Terrace
- Martinhal Cascais – 1 Bed Deluxe Suite
- Daios Cove – 1 Bed Suite with Sea View
Resort Suites Plus/Deluxe Suites
What they are:
2+ bedroom suites with a living space and sometimes luxury perks such as private Jacuzzis. These can be more expensive than regular suites, but offer lots of additional perks and room. These are often very centrally located on the resort, close to all the facilities.
Families looking for space and luxury, with great access to resort facilities in a central location.
Medium sized families with two or three children, or smaller families holidaying with grandparents
- Playa Andaluza – 3 bed Family Suite Plus, 2 bed Family Suite
- Martinhal Cascais – 2 bed Suite
- Zafiro Palace – 2 bed Penthouse Suite, 2 bed Family Balcony Suite
- Domes of Elounda – 2 bed Luxury Sea View Suite with Jacuzzi, 2 bed Luxury Residence with Private Pool
- Hillside – 2 Bed Suite with Terrace
- Pine Cliffs – 2 bed Ocean Suite Resort View, 3 bed Ocean Suite Resort View
- Monte da Quinta – 2/3 bed Sunrise and Garden Suites
- Princesa Yaiza – Royal Kiko Suite
What they are:
Almost a hybrid between a suite and a villa, apartments tend to have their own private space and self catering facilities, but are still quite small and affordable, and are often closer to the centre of the resort than full villas might be.
Families looking for the flexibility and privacy of having self-catering accommodation, but who still want to be close to the resort and don’t mind sacrificing a bit of space to do so.
Small families with young children or families travelling with grandparents.
- 2 bed Margarida
- 2 bed Scilla
- 2 bed Orchid
- Victoria Residences – 2 Bed Apartment, 2 Bed Deluxe Apartment, 3 bed Apartment, 3 bed Deluxe Apartment
- Aphrodite Hills – 2 bed Hermes Apartment, 2 bed Harmonia Apartment
- 2 bed Fairway View
- 2 bed Paradise Bay
- 2 bed Apartamento da Falesia
Other blogs you might like:
Visit www.totstotravel.co.uk to begin creating your perfect family dream today…
Tots to Travel offer baby friendly holidays and child friendly holidays both in the UK and abroad. Our range includes child friendly villas, including perfect villas for kids, baby friendly cottages, baby friendly villas and more!