Portugal is a veritable playground for families, particularly those with young children, babies and toddlers. Go sight-seeing around Portugal’s historic cities, discover enchanting villages and enjoy the many beautiful beaches along the glorious coastline. Our child-friendly holidays in Portugal truly offer all the diversity that you and your family could wish for.
5 reasons to choose family holidays in Portugal:
- The Weather – Portugal (the Algarve in particular) has one of the most stable climates in the world, with regular sunshine and year-round warm temperatures, rarely dipping below 15°C even in winter.
- Children are welcome – Family is all important to Portuguese people, so you'll find that tots are welcome and well catered for in all of Portugal's beautiful destinations.
- The stunning beaches – Portugal has just under 600 miles of coastline, made up of breath-taking beaches with golden sands and shallow waters.
- A slower pace of life – Perhaps it’s the effect of the sun but life here moves at a relaxed pace. And it’s catching! Spend a couple of days in one of our family resorts in Portugal and you’ll be more than relaxed.
- Culture, history, seafood all just a short flight away – Portugal is culturally rich with a fascinating maritime history, beautiful cities and quaint villages to explore with the kids.
The Tots team have scoured this beautiful country to provide the very best and safest family holidays. We personally visit every one of our family villas in Portugal to perform a 30-point child safety check and ensure all private pools are protected with an available physical barrier. We also include a FREE 20+ essential baby & toddler kit so you can travel light. Not only this, but we have also added Tots magic to one of the best family resorts in Portugal – the luxurious Martinhal Beach Resort.
Don’t forget to download your FREE Family Holiday Planner Pack.