Turkey is an amazing country spanning two continents – Europe and Asia. But it’s the South-Central coast of Turkey facing the Mediterranean Sea that draws in people searching for the ultimate family holiday. And it’s easy to see why – brilliant weather, ancient sites, stunning beaches, delicious food and a huge array of activities suitable for the whole family.
5 Reasons to go on a Turkey family holiday:
- The Weather – Glorious! If you like things hot, then Turkey is for you. Shoulder seasons of May, June, September and October provide slightly cooler mornings and evenings, with fantastic sunshine and blue skies during the day which are ideal for babies and children travelling to Turkey
- Stunning beaches and water sports – You are spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches in Turkey. Build castles on long stretches of white sand that give way to warm blue sea to paddle in; or beachcomb in secluded coves surrounded by rocky cliffs and pine forests; or perhaps opt for a bustling beach with water sports, restaurants and bars
- Easy to get to – Many low-cost airlines, including departures from many regional cities, fly to Turkey regularly. It’s a four-hour flight, manageable with young children. Most resorts offer easy transfers and there are many shuttle services that get you from the airport to your resort if you don’t want to hire a car
- Fabulous food – Even the pickiest eaters will love Turkish food. Pide (or Turkish pizza) topped with minced meat or cheese is a firm favourite with kids, as are chicken kebabs grilled on an open flame served with a squeeze of lemon, or the Kofta (meatballs) served in a yummy tomato sauce
- Sightseeing, culture and history – Turkey is absolutely crammed with historic wonders. Dating back to the Roman and Ottoman empires, ruins, tombs and preserved ancient cities dot the countryside. Nature lovers also have a treat with lagoons, waterfalls and canyons to explore
We don’t just source villas in Turkey and stop there, oh no. At Tots to Travel, we go to enormous lengths to ensure all our family villas and apartments in Turkey are visited by us for an on the ground 30-point child safety check
. We also ensure properties are beautiful, family sized, easy to get to and truly define ‘family friendly’. We also guarantee that a physical pool barrier is available for all private pools and include a FREE baby & toddler essentials kit
including 20+ items so you can travel light and still be prepared on your holiday.
Don't forget your FREE Family Holiday Planner Pack